Lets talk PMU
Permanent Makeup has become highly advanced in the last 10+ years.
There is tons of color theory, different techniques, needle groups, pigment types, and more that goes into every appointment.
I always consult, explain the process, explain different techniques, colors, and more to clients before we start. Here are some of the topics we cover!
Microblading vs. Microshading
I offer two different techniques - Microblading and Microshading.
Microblading mimics a clients natural hairs. It is hair like strokes to enhance one's eyebrow shape. It does not completely cover the eyebrow. It is best if you are < 40, have quite a bit of brow hair for the strokes to blend in, have normal/dry skin, & want your brows - just enhanced.
Microshading is an all over shade on the eyebrow. This mimics a pencil-filled in brow shape. It can be super soft or more makeup like! It is good for someone with a lot or a little brow hair, dry, normal, or oily skin, and any age.
Which technique is best for you?
The best technique for you depends on your brow goals. Do you want your brows enhanced, but not super
defined? Do you want wake up ready brows that are more structured and bold than just your brow hair?
The amount of brow hair you have as well as your "brow spine" helps decipher what option may be best for you!
EYEBROW PRE & POST CARE
Your eyebrow success is 25% pre procedure, 25% post procedure, 25% artist technique, and 25% skin reaction.
Following pre and post procedure instructions is SO IMPORTANT. It is a must & clients need to be sure follow it diligently. The first two weeks after your appointment require the most aftercare instructions.
Microblading or microshading is a two appointment service. Two appointments are necessary to perfect the brows! The two appointments are scheduled 8 weeks apart.
THE 30 DAY HEALING CYCLE
Your brows go through a 30 day healing cycle after your appointment.
Days 1-5: brows will be bolder, darker, and more tender
Days 5-10: brows go through a shedding phase
Days 10-15: brows go through a lightening phase - they seem much lighter
Days 15-30: brows will continue to darken & get color and shape back!
Because of this healing cycle, the brows when they initially are done are 3-4 shades darker than what they will heal.
IMPORTANT PRE PROCEDURE INFORMATION
• For 24 hours prior to appointment, do not drink any alcohol, take ibuprofen/aspirin, or take fish oil pills.
• Stop using retinols or exfoilating skincare products 2 weeks prior to appointment.
• Try to limit sun exposure for one week before appointment. You cannot have a sunburn or compromised skin for your appointment. .
• There should be 3 weeks between any botox or facial appointments & brow appointments.
IMPORTANT POST PROCEDURE INFORMATION
•Washing & applying aftercare ointment will be required for 2 weeks
• No facials, botox, chemical treatments, or facial treatments for 3 weeks.
• Avoid working out for 7 days - yes, no working out!
• Avoid direct sun exposure and bed tanning for 2-3 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors during this time.
• Limit long, steamy showers for about 10 days. The brows can still get wet and you can shower normal during this time.
• Do not tweeze or wax close to the brow for 10 days.
• Do not use any retinol products or anti-aging creams during your healing time - 2 weeks.
• Swimming is not encouraged for the first 2 weeks.
• After they are healed, wearing sunscreen on them is suggest to prolong color whenever you are outside!